Affiliate Disclosure: We may be compensated if you use our links to make a purchase. We are extremely selective in who we partner with & only recommend products we believe in. Our affiliate relationships do not influence our recommendations.
On December 7, 2023, LearnDash sent out an email with several big updates. They’ve been working on a few new LearnDash plugins, including a new migration tool, and have officially launched a public feature requests page.
Let’s take a look at each of these announcements in a little more depth.
LearnDash Feature Requests
Feature requests have long been something that LearnDash has been secretive about. Before StellarWP purchased LearnDash, the previous owner, Justin Ferriman, was very open about not maintaining a public roadmap for LearnDash. He didn’t want other WordPress LMS platforms copying the ideas he had for LearnDash, and possibly implementing them before LearnDash did.
We used to have to submit feature requests to LearnDash support, and hope and pray they were keeping track of them. However, some in the LearnDash Facebook Group have complained about features they requested 2+ years ago getting no attention, even when LearnDash employees told them it was on their roadmap.
A New Way for LearnDash Feature Requests
They have now launched a public LearnDash Ideas & Improvements Board. I’m not sure how long it has been active, but there are already about 100 feature requests posted. I suspect LearnDash has been using this internally and only recently made it public.
- Sort by # of votes, newest requests, or rank
- Submit a new idea
- Follow any topic by providing your email address
- Search for features using a text-based search box
LearnDash is using the LoopedIn software to power their feature requests board.
LearnDash Course Reviews
LearnDash has also released a new course reviews add-on. Unlike other recent add-ons like Groups Plus & Gradebook, the course reviews add-on is included in your LearnDash subscription. There is no separate subscription to use course reviews.
I recently took the plugin for a spin. You can read all of my feedback in the comprehensive LearnDash Course Reviews add-on review here.
If you’re curious about other options, we’ve compiled the best course review plugins for LearnDash here.
- Add a 1-5 star rating on each course
- Leave a comment to go along with the rating
- Reviews are automatically displayed in a new tab on the course page
- Turn off reviews on a per course basis
- Require the course to be started to prevent fake reviews
LearnDash Migrations from Sensei, Tutor LMS, and LearnPress
LearnDash now has built-in support for migrating from a few other WordPress LMS platforms.
- Migrate from Sensei to LearnDash
- Migrate from Tutor LMS to LearnDash
- Migrate from LearnPress to LearnDash
LearnDash has publicly stated that they plan to add more platforms to the list, but this is what it supports as of February 2024.
NOTE: It only migrates your course content, lessons, topics, and quizzes. Any of features specific to those other platforms will not be imported.
What It Doesn’t Migrate
- Course progression
- Course meta (categories, tags, custom fields, etc.)
- Any specific features of LearnPress, Sensei, or Tutor LMS that aren’t also included in LearnDash
- Sections turn into Lessons
- Lessons turn into Topics
- Modules turn into section headings
- Sensei Pro question types convert into single choice question types
- Topics turns into lessons
- Lessons turn into topics
See also: BuddyBoss + Tutor LMS integration →
Let us know what you think of the new LearnDash plugins in the comments. Have you submitted anything to the LearnDash ideas board yet? What features do you want to see them add next?
NEW breakthrough solution allows you to IMMEDIATELY GROW student engagement and SELL more courses by creating a state of the art mobile application in 60 MINUTES OR LESS without ANY coding knowledge!
Proven and tested by over 1,000 LearnDash customers. Learn More →