In LearnDash’s course grid, only the featured image & “see more…” button are clickable by default. If you click on the course title, or the short description, nothing happens. Many people expect the course title to take them to the course page, so let’s see how we can make that happen.
Tag: Course Grid
For a lot of LearnDash users, the course grid add-on is an essential component to designing the learning experience. You can filter & sort the course grid in a myriad of ways. This article will focus on one of the key components of the course grid—the short description.
- how to add a short description
- what you might want to use it for
- some tricks on how to customize its formatting
Some creative ideas include:
- display course authors
- indicate the total time it takes to complete a course
- display the amount of credit (or CEUs) a student might receive for completing the course
- how to add bold, italics & insert new lines
You’ve decided to use LearnDash for your LMS (great choice 👌). And you realized that the default courses archive page looks pretty terrible. But thankfully, you’ve discovered the LearnDash Course Grid add-on. And now you want to take it to the next level.
This post will cover many of the various ways you can customize the LearnDash course grid. There are around 20 different parameters you can use to make your course grid just right, along with various ways to improve your grid’s design. Follow along as I walk you through each one, along with code samples.